Weekend Video Diversion: Improv Everywhere

October 11, 2009

I’ve got a confession to make…back when I was a kid, I fell for the old invisible dog trick. I was with my mother waiting for a bus in the wintertime. Suddenly I saw someone with a leash, but there was no dog. Needless to say I was pretty confused. But, since I was about six or seven, I absolutely believed that it was possible for someone to be walking an invisible dog.

So it was of great interest to watch the latest “mission” from the gang at Improv Everywhere.  I think you’ll enjoy this…

Have a great weekend!

1 Lance October 11, 2009 at 6:01 am

I love it!!! Too funny! Now…I’m thinking maybe I should get myself one of those invisible dogs…. And what a great way to bring a bit of fun into the day!!

2 Nadia - Happy Lotus October 11, 2009 at 11:46 am

That is too funny! Thank you for sharing that clip with all of us. I would love to do that just to see people’s reactions because here on the East Coast people are so cold, it would be cool to see them laugh or just loosen up a bit.

Hope you are having an awesome weekend. :)

3 lori October 11, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Yet another awesome video! Tim, you are funny!!
I loved how the woman in the coffee shop tried to avoid stepping on or running into the imaginary dogs!

It made me want to get one of those – I’ve been wanting to get a dog lately, maybe that would fill my “need” until I’m no longer an apartment dweller?

And, I can’t believe you fell for the whole invisible dog trick! Now – that’s an honest man! I can’t say I saw these as a kid, but I did fall for the time my uncle convinced me that puncture seeds/stickers were porcupine eggs!

Enjoy your day!

4 Tim October 11, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Lance: Ha…the next time you guys have the Laugh-Off in Madison, maybe you want to consider getting these?! It also might make a good tailgating prop anytime the Badgers play a team named “Huskies.”

Nadia: Yeah, it seems like a lot of big cities could use something like this. I don’t have a dog, but I envy the way dog owners always seem to have an instant bond, especially at some dog-walking parks. I hope you have a great weekend, too!

Lori: I liked that incident at the coffee shop and the guy picking up after his invisible dog. So funny. Yeah, this summer I had my first dog-sitting experience and I’ve got to say, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully, you’ll soon be in the right situation to get a dog. Have a great day, as well!

5 Walter October 16, 2009 at 1:24 am

This is hilarious and crazy. I can’t stop laughing at the bewildered spectators. :-)
.-= Walter´s last post…Pitfalls of instant gratification =-.

6 Tim October 16, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Walter: Thanks for stopping by. Some of those expressions were priceless. I really enjoy Improv Everywhere and I’m eagerly awaiting their next adventure. Maybe they have a group in Chicago?

{ 1 trackback }