The Beauty of Autumn

October 17, 2009

IMG_0133

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

– Albert Camus

1 Lance October 18, 2009 at 5:04 am

Being able to experience the turning colors of the autumn leaves is a pretty great experience. As I look out into the woods in our back yard, and see the many colors now showing up, I’m moved by the beauty that exists in nature, and how there’s a time for everything…nature is so good at showing us this.

2 Tim October 18, 2009 at 11:34 am

Hi Lance: Thanks for sharing that. Although fall is my third favorite season, there is plenty of beauty to see and experience. I took that photo last year on a very cold and windy day, yet it warms me to see that leaf with all of its complexities. Have a great week!

3 Nadia - Happy Lotus October 18, 2009 at 11:56 am

Great picture and that was a new quote for me. Thank you for sharing it. I always think that autumn is the best example of the cycle of rebirth. Leaves change colors then fall off and are reborn. Kind of cool to see that life is always so fluid.

4 Lori October 18, 2009 at 1:09 pm

I like it! I am a tree lover (hugger? – ha)- so I definitely loved this quote! And, the fall is my favorite season, so I’m like a kid in a candy store.

You know, Albert Camus died ten years before I was born. It made me pause this morning and realize that so much of what we are and what we admire is quite universal across the decades. He was thinking this when I was just a thought. (Sorry, kind of random, I know…but there it is.)
Have a great week, Tim! 🙂

5 Tim October 18, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Nadia: Great thought about autumn. I originally wanted to post this photo and had some copy to accompany it, but I came across this quote and found that it fit perfectly – a great coincidence, or maybe it was no coincidence? I hope you are starting to enjoy the fall colors by you.

Lori: I don’t know much about Camus, but I did read “The Stranger” a while ago and it had a haunting effect on me. Interesting to learn that autumn is your favorite season…you’re located in the perfect place to enjoy the arboreous beauty. Have a great week, too!

6 Keith October 19, 2009 at 11:41 am

Hello Tim!

Beautiful pictire and an awesome quote. Fall is a great time of year and the beauty nature displays always puts me in awe.

Quotes like this remind me that is important to live a little slower and be aware of the wonders that surround us.

Thanks Tim!
.-= Keith´s last post…Overload Your Life! =-.

7 Tim October 19, 2009 at 3:00 pm

Hi Keith: Thanks for the good words and for stopping by. You are right…sometimes we’re so busy we forget to enjoy the simple things.