Weekend Video Diversion: No Pants With Improv Everywhere

January 24, 2010

In honor of Global Belly Laugh Day, which takes place 1:24 p.m. local time today (regardless of time zone), I wanted to share a video that gave me a pretty good belly laugh. It’s from my friends at Improv Everywhere. They recently had their 9th annual No Pants subway ride in New York City (and 43 cities around the world) and some of the reactions on this video are priceless. I hope your weekend is filled with fun and plenty of laughs…

1 Lance January 24, 2010 at 4:17 am

I LOVE it!! What a great way to think outside the box! And leave others questioning, as well – all while having some fun! Woohoo!!!
.-= Lance´s last post…Sunday Thought For The Day =-.

2 Nadia - Happy Lotus January 24, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Now that is my kind of holiday! I have ten minutes to officially celebrate! YAY!!!!

By the way, I love the video. I live on the East Coast and people here are for the most part a bunch of cranky pants. So I think it is awesome that they went on the subway and did what they did. Sometimes people just need a shock to remember that life is to be enjoyed! :)

3 Tim January 24, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hi Lance: I’m glad you enjoyed the video…it definitely inspires me to do something outrageous. But, I’m not sure I’m ready to drop my pants on the subway just yet. Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Hi Nadia: Ha…I haven’t heard or seen the word “cranky pants” used in a long time…so thank you for giving me a chuckle :) I hope you had a good belly laugh today on this rather important day!

4 Lori January 25, 2010 at 1:13 pm

OMG, Tim, LOVE IT!!!!!!

I have to agree with Nadia, when I lived on the East Coast I though a lot of people needed to lighten up – and what better way to break people out of their thought patterns then to remove the pattern, LITERALLY!!

Tim, you come up with some of the best finds out there.
Thanks for making me laugh today!
Yippee!!
~xo

5 Tim January 25, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Hi Lori: I’m glad you liked this one because I certainly did. We had a Chicago version of this event on that day but I did not get involved. When I was in NYC a couple summers ago with my friend, we got really good at navigating the subway system there. Yeah, it seemed like everyone needed a laugh or a hug. The only other thing I remember is how HOT the subway platforms were…it was brutal…I could have easily removed my pants to cool off while waiting for the trains. Thanks for stopping by!

6 Hulbert January 25, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Hi Tim, I just stumbled across this site and I just wanted to say thank you for posting up this video! It was hilarious. The funniest part was at 1:51 where the woman says, “What the…” I think you can figure out the rest. 😉

7 Elaine Helle January 26, 2010 at 11:54 am

Your laughter was contagious on Global Belly Laugh Day, January 24. Thank you for letting us catch your laughter.
Speaking of contagious laughter have you seen The Bodhisattva in the Metro? (The fun starts after two minutes).

8 Tim January 26, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Hi Hulbert: I’m glad you enjoyed the video…its unlike any subway ride that I’ve ever taken, but oh so funny. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts on the video.

Hi Elaine: Thanks for the Global Belly Laugh Day reminder…Sunday was filled with laughter and football, a great combination. Thank you, also, for that link…that video was hilarious and I loved that guy’s laugh. I will bookmark for future viewings. Seriously funny stuff. Thanks for sharing with us!