Weekend Video Diverstion: Laughter Yoga

February 7, 2010

I’ve laughed and I’ve done yoga, but I’ve never participated in any laughter yoga activities. Seeing that laughter is such an important word for me this year, I’ve included a very interesting and informative clip about laughter yoga. I know of a few laughter yoga groups in my area that I’ve been meaning to visit and I intend on getting there soon (which I hope to write about at a later time). In the meantime, enjoy the video and have a great weekend…

How about you…have you participated in any laugh events and, if so, how did it make you feel?

1 Mr. Stupid February 7, 2010 at 9:20 am

That was a wonderful video. Well, the founder of the club was right on saying, “Fake it, Fake it, Until you make it.”

I have been to a couple of sessions. Well, I had accompanied my Grandmom, who is a member at one such club. It was amazing looking at how well all the people are into those many many exercises.

It sure is a brilliant thing to do while one is stressed.
Nice post, I am glad I found your blog.

Have a great day!:)
.-= Mr. Stupid´s last post…Mud Man and The Mud =-.

2 Lance February 7, 2010 at 10:24 am

I have participated in a session of laughter yoga recently. Most of the group were strangers to me, and by the time we were finished – it was a strong connection to each one of the people participating. Not to mention…it was a great workout! And just a whole lot of fun! My wife and I did this together, and were on this natural high afterwards! Great stuff!! Definitely check out one of these groups!
.-= Lance´s last post…Sunday Thought For The Day =-.

3 Nadia - Happy Lotus February 7, 2010 at 10:51 am

That is so cool that there is laughter yoga! I did not know that such a thing existed. I was aware that there were laughter clubs but laughter yoga is new. Very cool.

As for me, I have never been to such an event. However, I believe in laughing at least 5 times a day. The more the better. Keeps you young and makes life even more fun.

Cheers to laughter! 🙂

4 Tosha February 7, 2010 at 11:26 am

I am a Laughter Yoga Teacher Certified by Dr. Kataria himself!
I’m from Chile and took his course in California 2 and a half years ago, after seeing a video of this magnificent excercise on National Geographic Channel.
Now I have already trained & Certified about 200 Laughter Yoga Leades in Chile, where I live. The same as it has been all over the world, Laughter Yoga has become very popular and is growing at a very quick pase.
I warmly recommend that you try it!!!
Lots of Love and Laughter from Chile
Tosha

5 Megan "JoyGirl!" Bord February 7, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I’m with you – I’ve laughed, and I’ve done yoga. Sooner rather than later I plan to do laughter yoga. What a great video this was — I love John Cleese! Thank you for posting it; it raised my vibration and I needed it!

6 Tim February 7, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Hi Mr. Stupid: Thanks for stopping by and for your comment. I’ve been intrigued for awhile about this and its good to hear you shared the laughter yoga experience with your grandmother…I’m sure you’ll both remember it for a long time. Based on everything I’m reading about this, the fake it till you make it line really applies here. Have a great day as well!

Lance: Seeing your participation in a laughter event really got me to want to participate, as well. Thank you for also sharing how you felt afterward…interesting to hear about the connection you had with the other participants and the feeling of having a workout that you felt. Lance, as always, thanks for inspiring and encouraging me both here and on your blog. Have a great week!

Nadia: I’m glad to make you aware of laughter yoga…I know the whole thing sounds weird, but I have a good feeling about it. If you ever attend, I’d be interested in hearing your take. In the meantime, I’ll do the same here. In any case, thanks for stopping by and sharing!

Tosha: Wow, thank you for stopping by and sharing a little about your impressive background and especially for spreading the laughter. I bet your training with Dr. Kataria was incredibly inspiring and filled with pure joy. Thanks for the recommendation, as well. I will certainly explore this and share here in the near future. Have a laugh-filled week!

Megan: Yeah…I was very glad to see John Cleese, an expert at making others laugh, act as a reporter for this interesting phenomenon. I’m also glad the video was able to raise your vibration and be a sort of pick-me-up. As we’ve hit the middle of winter and more cloudy, cold days than I care to remember…I really need to focus on more laughter. I’d be interested to hear about your experience if you ever attend a laughter yoga event. Thanks, as always, for stopping by and sharing…have a great week!

7 Curt Rosengren February 9, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for posting this. I found myself getting caught up in the laughter just from watching the video, so I can imagine how easy it would be to get consumed by laughter with a bunch of people around me doing the same thing.
.-= Curt Rosengren´s last post…Laughter yoga: Laugh your life better =-.

8 Tim February 10, 2010 at 7:20 am

Hi Curt: Yeah, it surely looks like laughter is contagious, a shared experience. I’ve looked up a laughter yoga club in my area and I know I’ll soon be attending a class. I look at it as my way to combat the dog days of winter. Curt, thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

9 Tim February 10, 2010 at 7:24 am

Hi Curt: Yeah, it is amazing how much laughter is contagious and a shared experience. I know I have begun to look up laughter clubs in my area…I look at it as a way I can combat the dog-days of winter. Curt, thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts…I have been a fan of your blog for a long time.

10 Tosha February 10, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Dear Tim and friends,
I suggest you go into the official Laughter Yoga Page
http://www.laughteryoga.org where you will find all the information about LY and also see many videos of excercises and other interesting things. If you speak Spanish, you can see mine, it’s http://www.yogadelarisa.cl
I have a page in Facebook where I post a lot of different things about Laughter and so do my many coleagues .
Lots of love and laughter
Tosha