Weekend Video Diversion: Amy Sedaris Book Tour

March 27, 2010

There are some creative ways that authors and publishers promote their books these days, but few are as amusing as this Amy Sedaris video where she promotes her book, I Like You.  Have a fun weekend…

1 Lori March 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Hey Tim,

Amy Sedaris is sooo funny! I rented and watched the entire “Strangers with Candy” seasons and was typically busting out with laughter. I had heard that she had this book out, but hadn’t seen the video. Thanks for sharing it.

I think the Sedaris family must be one of the most funny families out there. I’d pay good money to have dinner with them — I bet it would include some of the funniest dinner conversations ever.

Have a great weekend, Tim! Stay warm.
🙂

2 Tim March 27, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Hi Lori: I’m glad you enjoyed the video…I’ve heard so much about Strangers With Candy, but I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve never seen that show. But I’ve seen Amy make cameo appearances in so many things and think she’s funny. And you’re right about her bro David, whose stories I enjoy listening to. Ha ha…I bet dinner with the Sedaris family would be hilarious. Thanks for stopping by and sharing…have a great weekend as well!

3 Lance March 27, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Hey Tim,
Very funny!!! I like it!!! And – I think it stands out because she does this differently…and we are drawn to the uniqueness of it. Thanks for sharing it!
.-= Lance´s last post…Sunday Thought For The Day =-.

4 Tim March 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Hi Lance: Yeah, the interesting thing is that this is a parody of an author promoting her book, yet it is a real book that is being promoted. I think its funny on a lot of levels. In any case, I’m glad you liked the video and wish you a great weekend!

5 Nadia - Happy Lotus April 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Amy Sedaris is so funny. She recently was on an episode of “The Middle” as a motivational coach and it was hysterical. This clip was of similar kind. Thank you for sharing the laughter! A person can never laugh too much! 🙂

6 Tim April 2, 2010 at 9:46 am

Hi Nadia: I didn’t know she appeared on The Middle (nor have I seen the show, yet), but Amy Sedaris as a motivational speaker sounds hilarious and I’m laughing just thinking about it. You are right about getting enough laughter…I really need to keep reminding myself no matter what is happening or grabbing my attention. Thanks for stopping by!