Count to Ten

October 29, 2011

“Count to Ten” by Danish singer/songwriter Tina Dico is one of those songs that had me hooked from the start. I can’t explain it. Sure, I think Tina Dico is beautiful and has an amazing voice. And this video is great because it really captures a live performance of the song that looks and feels flawless.

When I think of the idea of counting to ten, I realize it can be an important one. It could be the difference between sending out a hurtful or negative Tweet or choosing not to send it out. It could be the difference between exploding in anger toward a loved one or cooling down just a bit to explain what is making you upset.

I also like the wisdom in the line from this song: “sometimes, the fastest way to get there is to go slow.” Sometimes, actually many times, this is really true.

Have a great weekend!

1 Lori October 30, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Oh goodie! You know how much I love this video, Tim, and I agree with your sentiments. I’m so glad you posted it.
This is a poignant reminder for me, and perfect timing.
I hope all is well in your world. 🙂

2 Tim October 30, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Hi Lori: I have to thank you for first sending me this link many months ago, it’s one of those videos I have watched over and over. Great melody, great lyrics…even the camera work and editing is well done. I hope she makes it back to the USA very soon. I look forward to your post that is inspired by her lyrics! Thanks for stopping by and for the shout out!

3 Tess The Bold Life October 31, 2011 at 10:01 am

Tim I love this singer and song. New to me!

4 Sara October 31, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I came here from Lori’s site and she’s right! I liked both the video and the post. I love this type of ‘story-singing.’

Her message is also very helpful. There have been many times recently when I SHOULD have waited and counted to ten.

It’s a great reminder of the importance of the pause — counting to ten is human equivalent of the “pause button.”

Thanks.

5 Jean Sampson October 31, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hi Tim, I also came over from Lori’s site and I am SO glad I did. This song is going to be one of those songs that get into my brain, even after one listening, and stay with me. It is ALWAYS good to give yourself a pause before you speak or write something that you cannot fix or take back.
Thanks for the post and the video! 🙂

6 Tim November 1, 2011 at 8:04 am

Hi Tess: I’m glad you enjoyed the singer and song as much as I did…good to have talented musicians on the radar! Thanks for stopping by!

7 Tim November 1, 2011 at 8:05 am

Hi Sara: Thanks for stopping by and I’m glad you really liked it. I can relate to what you said about the times we should have counted to ten and just paused. I especially liked what you said about this pause as the human equivalent of the pause button. Very good. By the way, I remember seeing folk musician Ellis Paul a number of years ago. Like Tina Dico in this song, Ellis writes great stories through his lyrics. When I had him sign the CD I purchased, he wrote on there to “read the lyrics.” It sounds a bit odd he wrote that, but I realize how important those lyrics were to him and it makes sense why he wrote that.

8 Tim November 1, 2011 at 8:07 am

Hi Jean: Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts…I’m so glad you enjoyed the song and video. I’m looking forward to what Lori has brewing over at JBN in relation to Tina Dico’s lyrics.