The dog days of summer are upon us and I’ve got myself an old-fashioned summer cold. In other words, I’ve been laying a bit low lately, but I continue to stumble upon interesting blogs and blog posts here are a few that stand out from the past few weeks…
- As summer begins to wind down, Christine Kane shares an important post, 22 Ways to Squeeze the Last Drop of Summer Before it Ends, about how to make the most of the rest of the summer. If you’re like me and you can’t believe the summer is almost over, you need to check this out.
- At a time when customer service seems to be on the decline, it’s great to stumble upon a blog that recognizes good customer service experiences. Jodi Henderson’s A Pat on the Back is a source for some positive stories about customer service.
- Call it a guilty pleasure, but I’ve enjoyed Allstate’s “Mayhem” commercials. These commercials feature a perfectly-cast Dean Winters unleashing mayhem upon drivers everywhere. Television viewers may remember Winters as the manipulative Ryan O’Reily in HBO’s Oz, and numerous appearances in Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Rescue Me and 30 Rock. See the mayhem here.
- Have you ever wondered how your state legislators voted? Do you want to know the status on a bill? Do you ever wonder how often your state senator votes with his/her party? If so, check out Opencongress.org. It is a valuable tool that will keep you informed on a daily basis and most importantly at election time.
- Do you enjoy jazz and kick yourself because you can’t make it to your town’s local jazz festival or that your town doesn’t have a jazz festival? Well, your in luck…NPR has you covered. Once again this year, NPR provided coverage at this prestigious music festival. Click NPR’s Jazz at Neport page and you’ll find live recordings and podcasts from Ken Vandermark, the Maria Schneider Orchestra and numerous others. This is your chance to load your iPod with live jazz.
How about you…how have you spent your summer vacation? Do you have a favorite summertime book?